Sunday, January 18, 2009

Things I've noticed…

…about collecting titles of the day:

1.  People who know about the project flinch when the little black notebook appears. "Did I say something?  This is unattributed, right?"

2.  It is possible (I know because I did it yesterday) to take advantage of that way that people will sometimes echo each other in conversation.  In other words, to say something title-ish and hope the other person repeats it.  Things I say can't be titles of the day; things other people say can.  This is completely cheating.  

3.  If it's the 11th (or rather 23rd) hour and you still don't have one, don't panic.  Relax and it will come.  It almost always does.  If it doesn't, you just have to go back through the day (or the notebook) and get less picky.  Which sounds like either very good or very bad advice for life in general…

2 comments:

Julia Kay said...

Thanks for letting us know more about your process - I'll keep my eye out for the little black book!

Julia Kay said...

PS When it's the 23rd hour and I don't have a drawing, I decide the day isn't over until I go to bed...